We are happy to announce that the first release candidate of Synfig Studio 1.0 is available for download and testing!
The upcoming version is the most significant update for the whole history of Synfig, summarizing the results of past 18 months of development. This release introduces many major features and dozens of improvements and fixes.
The most notable highlights:
- Totally reworked interface with Single-Window mode and powered by modern Gtk3 library.
- New SFG file format with the possibility to embed all linked media.
- Improved Groups with the support for all basic transformations and special controls for layer visibility range.
- Full-featured bone system with the tools for cut-out animation, automatic shape deformation and image distortions.
- Reworked vector infrastructure with the better control for tangents (split angle/split radius).
- Basic sound support, featuring the Sound Layer and JACK integration.
- Bitmap image painting engine with the support for MyPaint brushes.
- Preliminary support for bitmap frame-by-frame animation (via Switch Layer).
- Dynamics converter for automatic friction effects.
- Ability to modify animated parameters when Animation Mode is off.
Within the next few weeks we are looking for your feedback – please report all problems/issues to our bugtracker. We also ask translators to update interface translations. Community members are welcome to update the documentation pages. Thank you!