We are happy to announce that the new development version of Synfig Studio is available for download! This update delivers important improvements and some critical fixes. Recommended for everyone, who uses previous build. Much thanks to Artem Konoplin for his work on this version!
Main highlights of this version:
1. Live image reloading (issue #513).
When any image you have imported gets changed in external application, then it is automatically reloaded in Synfig. No need to close and re-open file to see the changes! See video demonstration:
In previous versions it was not possible to edit keyframes directly from Curves Panel. Now you can! Also, keyframe marks now displayed with curves.
3. Keyframes have no influence on inbetween waypoints, was broken (issue #551).
Since version 1.3.6 there was a bug, which was preventing keyframes to have influence on in-between waypoints. This issue is explained in detail here. Now it is fixed!
- One more fix for crash happening on Windows when file is closed and re-opened (issue #521).
- Improve compatibility for AppImages – allow to run on systems with fontconfig 2.13.0 (Manjaro Linux 17.1.10) (issue #548)
- Fixed error preventing builds with GCC 8.1.